Buckle Up and for a Virtual Road Trip...
Off the Beaten Path on Route 66
Coming back soon... stay tuned.
"Julien is a very good speaker and was able to hold my interest. Her presentation of photos were wonderful." -Marilyn
"Magnificent photography. Very well presented" -Amy
"Gorgeous photos. Inspiring." -Kelly
Looking to take that epic American road trip you always dreamed of...though from the comfort of your own home? From classic roadside diners to desert ghost towns, it's time to explore the bygone era of one of America's most famous highways.
Hosted by the New York Adventure Club , we embark on an inspirational photographic journey down Route 66, one of the original highways in America that redefined transportation, culture, and architecture throughout the American West over the course of 50 years.
This virtual road trip down Route 66 will include:
- A brief history of Route 66, from its official inception in 1926 and decertification as a highway in 1985, to how it earned itself nicknames like Mother Road and Bloody 66
- A discussion around the heydey of Route 66 and fixture in American culture
- A virtual tour along the route using Julien's colorful and eclectic photographs, which highlight the most interesting sites between Chicago and California
- Personal stories from my road trip, and what it was like to document the route
- Factoids about the former highway's many off-the-beaten-path and roadsides attractions, including American Giants and Duck Architecture
Click here to register: https://www.nyadventureclub.com/