Wild, Wacky and Weird America
Wednesday, February 17th 9:30 EST
Presenter was FABULOUS, as were her photos. PLEASE see if she will do ALL of the other talks!! Fun. Interactive." - Deborah
"Speaker was really interesting and her photos were great" -Carol
"Loved everything! The quality of Julien's photography, her demeanor, the presentation, all of it." - Gigi
Looking to take a road trip through the off-the-beaten-path US of A...from the comfort of your own home? From alien culture in Roswell to Elvis in his Sunday Best, it's time to explore the odd, unusual, and hard-to-find secret places scattered throughout America, through the lens of one award-winning photographer.
Join New York Adventure Club as we embark on an inspirational photographic journey through the wild, weird, and wacky sights of America, from the Desert Towns of the West to The Wildwoods in the East.
This virtual road trip showcases where the spirit of America really shines, including:
- A virtual tour along the cross-country route using Julien's colorful and eclectic photographs
- Highlights from the most interesting sights and themes; from vintage Vegas, to alien culture in Roswell, to the Salton Sea — a crossroads of 1950s Hollywood celebs, hippies, and those seeking salvation
- A virtual trip to Española Valley in New Mexico to see the holy Santuario of Chimayo (America’s “Lourdes”) and Semana Santa celebration (60,000+ attendees) — plus, the scoop on how that region became the lowrider capital of the world
- Personal stories from her road trip, and what it was like to document these magical places
- Factoids about many off-the-beaten-path and roadsides attractions
Stick around afterward for a Q&A with Julien — any and all questions about her cross-country experience are welcomed and encouraged!
Can't make it live? Don't worry, you'll have access to the full replay for one week!
See you there, virtually!
Click here to register: https://www.nyadventureclub.com/